APQP and Control Plan are evolving in response to changes in the industry, particularly in relation to technological advancements and vehicle complexity. The updates address increasing demands imposed by higher automation and ultimately autonomous driving, electrification, and the expanding definition of mobility. Decoupling the two documents not only emphasizes the importance of Control Plans in product development, but will facilitate more timely updates as systems evolve.
Ready to sign up for training? From transitioning to the new processes, to understanding and implementing them, we have new training courses available, developed by the experts who created the standards, to get you up to speed, fast!
Get Notified When APQP & CP Arrive!
Our presale is over, but enter your email address below and we'll be sure to notify you when these documents are available for purchase!
Publications That Will Be Available
APQP & Control Plan
Discounted Bundle - All Core Tool manuals: APQP, Control Plan, PPAP, AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook, MSA, and SPC
IATF 16949 & Core Tools
Discounted Bundle - IATF 16949 and the Core Tools manuals: APQP, Control Plan, PPAP, AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook, MSA, & SPC
Training - Available Now
- APQP Overview: Designed to provide an overview of the new APQP 3rd Edition, this one-day course covers both the technical and managerial aspects of APQP to help you gain a more well-rounded understanding of program management. Course content focuses on general expectations for APQP tasks and the higher system level of phases, along with using new APQP tools in real-world contexts, and more.
- APQP and Control Plan: Transitioning: This two-day “transitioning” training – intended for current APQP practitioners, managers, and auditors – focuses on updates and changes in the APQP 3rd Edition to facilitate a better understanding of how your APQP program will be impacted, provide examples of new elements, and explore the managerial side of APQP in more detail.
- APQP, Control Plan and PPAP- Understanding and Implementing: Focusing on both the managerial and technical aspects of APQP, this three-day course includes case studies for practical analysis, along with various other techniques successful practitioners have used over the years. If you’re looking for a comprehensive APQP training to move above and beyond conformance, this course is for you.
- Control Plan Understanding and Implementing: Looking for a comprehensive training on control plans, covering everything from development to maintenance? Designed for a variety of learners (and particularly geared toward beginners), this one-day course focuses on certain areas that are often overlooked, along with best practices for monitoring your control plan.
- APQP 3rd Edition & Control Plan 1st Edition | FAQs
- APQP 3rd Edition & Control Plan 1st Edition | Overview White Paper
- APQP eLearning: Coming Soon!!